playstrategy.org

Can't make a move in this game

I'm White. Tap and nothing. Can't make a move

Hi @Pokshtya

I think you may have run into the situation that happens in Correspondence Othello/Grand Othello games when your opponent needs to Pass. Even though the Pass is an automated action, and appears seamlessly when playing a real time game, the current implementation requires the opponent to authorise it. In a Correspondence game when your opponent has move confirmation turned on its necessary for them to confirm the Pass, which means you can't take multiple turns in-a-row just because they can only Pass.

I can see how this is confusing and is not the best user experience. It is on our list of things to look at, but unfortunately it is not a quick fix given the way Pass has been implemented for Othello.

Having said all of this, I can see that your opponent confirmed the pass at 07:16 UTC+0, which tallies with your timebank currently having between 16-17 hours remaining (when you get 24 hours for a turn in this game). So I believe at the time you made your forum post (11:42 UTC+0) you should have been able to take your turn after the pass. I have also verified your account should be able to take a turn in this game. So can you confirm to me the following:
- That you are still unable to take a turn
- That it was after 07:16 UTC+0 when you tried to take a turn
- Whether you see it saying 'Your turn' in the green bar when you load the game
- Whether you have some blue dots appearing on the board for squares where you can play (or do you see no blue dots?)

@statmatt Thank you!
The problem remains.
- I'm still unable to take a turn
- It was long before 07:16 UTC+0
- Yes I can see 'Your turn' in the green bar
- Yes I can see blue dots which show all possible moves for me

@Pokshtya @jscodeur

We have identified and fixed the problem seen in this game where Pokshtya was unable to make a move.

We have awarded Pokshtya extra time (24 hours from this moment) to make their next move.

Thanks for reporting and providing the extra information. We hope you continue to enjoy the game and PlayStrategy in general.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.

Reconnecting